Selection Process & Application
The artworks for the 2019 edition are selected many months in advance of the Biennale. If you are interested in exhibiting in the 2019 edition of the London Art Biennale, please appy at the bottom of this page.
- Accepted artistic disciplines include works on canvas, works on paper, applied arts, digital art and sculpture.
- All artworks are insured during their stay at the London Biennale.
Transport of Artworks
- Artworks can be delivered to the Biennale by hand/in person only on the 19th and 20th of May 2019.
The address is:
Chelsea Old Town Hall, King's Road, London SW3 5EE
For any questions or access on the day, please call Marie on +447802724668
For artworks that are shipped: Delivery arrival dates - 1thst - 10th May 2019 to the designated address (not the Chelsea Old Town Hall).
You can collect your work in person on Monday 27th May after the Biennale closes. You will have to pack the artworks yourself as you are transporting them. Works not collected personally by Monday evening (27th May) will be removed by our designated shipping company and taken to their warehouse and you will incur a handling cost of £30 pounds payable to the Shipping Company.
- All transport costs to and from the exhibition are payable by the Artist or artist representative. The organisation does not accept any liability for damages caused during transport.
- Participants are not required to attend in person as the exhibition will be staged by a group of expert curators.
- Hanging is not done by genre or by artistic movement. It is emphasised that the effect of the individual work is of prime significance. Therefore, the hanging is aimed to remove visual confusion and allow for focused concentration on each individual work. For this reason, works delivered late may not be included in the exhibition.
- Approved artists may show one work up to 200cm x 200cm or two works up to 100cm x 100cm, at the discretion of the curators. The dimensions of sculptures will be decided on a piece by piece basis.
- Larger and smaller works will be considered at the discretion of the selection committee.
- Prices and information will be available with the London Biennale staff.
- The London Art Biennale does not retain any commission on sales during the exhibition, unless otherwise agreed with an individual artist.
PR and Promotion
Please click here to view some of the press coverage of the last edition of the London Biennale
The awards are chosen and presented by three international panels:
- London Biennale Jury
- The International Confederation of Art Critics Jury
- The Anglo-Italian Academy of Art Jury
Printed & Online Catalogue
Each artist will have one A4 page with one work published in the hardcopy and online catalogue.
The catalogue will be prepared by the same designers who prepared catalogues such as:
"Figures, from Realism to Abstraction" at the Victoria & Albert Museum, London.
"The Third Millennium Exhibition" at the Lord Leighton Museum, London.
"Impressions on Canvas" at the Chelsea Town Hall, London.
"Biennale of Chianciano" at the Chianciano Art Museum
"Brian Willsher - Avant Guarde Bronzes"
"Chianciano Art Museum Publication"
Participating artists will be able to pick up their free copy of the printed catalogue at the London Art Biennale's front desk.
- This Agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England. The parties submit all their disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
- Participating artists consent to the use of images of their artworks by the London Art Biennale & partners for promotional and PR purposes.
Click on the button below: