Leonardo Beccegato is an exceptional Venetian artist internationally recognised. His works have been selected and exhibited in numerous exhibitions and installations both public and private, where he received the public’s acclaim and the earned recognition within the contemporary art circle.
Born in 1941 in Venice, Beccegato enrolled in university after high school and became a doctor in engineering, working on his art in his spare time since 1975. This passion and dedication was rewarded in 1980 when he received second prize at the fifth National Prize of Painting competition “R. Nardi”.
Its activity is intensified by participating in numerous group and solo exhibitions in public and private galleries, winning prizes and awards such as:
· Gold Medal 1st Exhibition of Art and Literature "Città di Lugano", 1998;
· 1st Overall Prize 2nd Quadrennial "Omaggio alla Città di Roma", 1998;
· Diploma of painting special honour at the 12th Art Exhibition "City of Viareggio", 1998;
· 1st Prize absolute at the 4th Art Exhibition "Valdinievole", 1998;
· 1st Prize Gold Medal at the 5th Art Exhibition "Riviera Apuana", 1999;
· 1st Prize at the "Grand Trophée Ville de Nice 1999", 1999.
It is from his studio in Santa Croce, Venice that the artist now dedicates all his time to painting and his works are enlivened by the warm colours and soft filtered atmospheres of the lagoon, inviting the viewer to reminisce and romanticise fond memories.
Beccegato is also an active member of various organisations such as the "Lions Club International" of which he was president; Commander of the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem (for which he is Delegate for the Province of Venice) and Knight of Merit with the Sacred Military Constantinian Order of St. George. Added to which he is Brother Chapter of the Scuola Grande di San Rocco in Venice. He is also active in the "non-profit institutions" such as the College of Engineers of the Province of Venice, in which he is a member of the Governing Council. He has organized exhibitions of paintings aimed at raising funds to support charitable initiatives in prestigious venues.