Selection Process & Application
The Application process for the Biennale 2013 is closed
Deadline: 29th of October 2012, 5pm GMT.
Rules and Regulations
- The London Art Biennale will take place from Wednesday the 23rd to Saturday the 26th of January 2013 at the Chelsea Old Town Hall.
- All artworks are insured during their stay at the London Biennale.
- The selection process has begun and may last for up to 2 months. Selections may close before the established time if the curators finish selecting the artists early.
- Accepted artistic disciplines include works on canvas, works on paper and sculpture.
- In order to apply for the selection process, artists or artist representatives should fill in the on-line form that can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Once the form has been completed, the artist or artist representative will then be contacted by the London Art Biennale so that a dialogue can be opened in which the artworks that will be presented to the Selection Committee can be chosen. The selection process is based on skill and talent and does not determine the work that will be exhibited in the Award Exhibition.
- If an artist is accepted, the specific works to be presented in the exhibition are then identified and selected.
- The selected works should be sent to the specified delivery address no later than the 5th of January 2013. All works should be collected from the specified collection address after the exhibition, no later than the 30th of Janury 2013.
- Hanging is not done by genre or by artistic movement. It is emphasised that the effect of the individual work is of prime significance. Therefore, the hanging is aimed to remove visual confusion and allow for focused concentration on each individual work. For this reason, works delivered late may not be included in the exhibition.
- All works must be clearly labeled on the back with the name of the artist, title, date and price should the work be for sale. The London Art Biennale does not retain any commission on sales.
- Participants do not need to attend in person as the exhibition will be staged by a group of expert curators.
- Approved artists may show one work up to 120cm wide and 180cm tall or two works up to 50cm x 70cm at the discretion of the curators. The dimensions of sculptures will be decided on a piece by piece basis.
- Larger works will be considered at the discretion of the selection committee.
- All transport costs to and from the exhibition are payable by the Artist. The organisation does not accept any liability for damages caused during transport.
- Participating artists consent to the use of images of their artworks by the London Art Biennale for promotional purposes.
The awards are chosen and presented by three international panels:
London Biennale Jury
The European Confederation of Art Critics Jury.
The Anglo-Italian Academy of Art Jury.
Printed & Online Catalogue
The catalogue will be prepared by the same designers who prepared catalogues such as:
"Figures, from Realism to Abstraction" at the Victoria & Albert Museum, London.
"The Third Millennium Exhibition" at the Lord Leighton Museum, London.
"Impressions on Canvas" at the Chelsea Town Hall, London.
"Biennale of Chianciano 2011" Click to view catalogue
Every artist will have an A-4 page displaying one of their artworks presented at the Biennale. Participating artist will be able to pick up their free copy of the printed catalogue at the London Art Biennale's front desk.
Biennale of Chianciano 2011 Catalogue
"What I’m" acrylic on canvas by Franco Meloni
"Extralarge" bronze sculpture by Thea Van Herpt